Research is the foundation of great companies, which is why Respondent is revolutionizing how it’s completed.
Respondent is a two-sided marketplace that connects market and usability researchers with the highest quality research participants in the world. Our platform gives researchers a single place to quickly find the right participants for their projects, as well as schedule and pay them instantly. It simplifies the work that’s necessary to conducting quality research. Companies like IBM, Airbnb, Uber, Microsoft, Procter & Gamble and many more have already integrated us into their research processes.
Respondent is not only at the forefront of research -- we are also at the forefront of work trends. We are firm believers that the world is transitioning to a remote workforce and as a result, are an entirely distributed team. Cities are becoming more expensive, commutes are growing longer, and people are spending less time focusing on their families and themselves. Working on a distributed team gives our team members the chance to live in more affordable and desirable locations, take care of their loved ones, and do what they love. For instance, our employees have the freedom to travel regularly, work out when they want to, and enjoy their hobbies. They work hard, but are able to prioritize their lives as well.
Respondent is a truly global, fully remote, and high-impact workforce, and are excited to announce we’re looking for a passionate and talented Product Manager Lead to join our team.
- You will report to the CEO, and work closely with other executive-level team members to develop a product vision and strategy based on true customer needs you have validated with quantitative and qualitative research.
- You deeply understand what Respondent’s vision, mission, and company goals are. You will be required to link these with your quarterly and yearly product objectives.
- You will assess Respondent’s market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- You will be responsible for setting a product vision and strategy and clearly articulating the business value to the product team so they understand the intent behind the new product or product release.
- You will own the product roadmap and must prioritize building what matters most to achieve the strategic goals and initiatives behind the product.
- You will be responsible for defining the release process and coordinating all of the activities required to launch products to market.
- You will be required to bridge the gaps between different functions within the company and align all of the teams involved: namely marketing, sales, and customer support.
- You will own the creative process of generating, developing, and curating new ideas. You will determine which ideas should be promoted into features to push the product strategy forward — namely those that will achieve key objectives for the product line and business.
- You will be responsible for prioritizing features by ranking them against the strategic goals and initiatives of Respondent. This requires making difficult trade-off decisions based on the value that new features will deliver to customers and to the business.
- You will conduct research with customers and stakeholders at Respondent to define quick wins and longer term projects while always thinking about the ROI for Respondent.
- You will discuss technical implementation details with engineers and make trade-offs to strike a balance between meeting the customer needs and hitting deadlines and company goals.
- You will define and analyze key metrics to inform decision-making and measure your success on every project.
Who are you?
- You are diplomatic and carry a quiver of tools. You are a master generalist who can talk to engineers, users, executives, finance, marketing, sales, and other groups seamlessly.
- You are obsessed with growth and have a clear vision for the steps that need to be taken to scale and build Respondent into a billion dollar company. Taking and owning market share of the market research industry is a realistic goal of yours.
- You recognize that the better your communication, the more effective your product management will be viewed and become.
- You appreciate that prioritization requires you to collect and analyze multiple data points before decisions are made. You don’t make assumptions, and you validate your plan before you build.
- You are curious, and you need to understand ‘why’ things occur.
- You have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
- If at first, you don’t succeed you try, try, and try again. You employ a growth mindset and never give up.
- Work remotely from anywhere while a US time zone
- Flexible schedule and a goal-oriented culture
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat motivated team
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, brings something new to the team, and elevates our game. A sense of humor, a lack of ego, and a desire to do great work is essential.
Working at Respondent is a unique experience. You will be part of a remote, diversified team around the U.S. and world, giving you the flexibility to fit work into your life in whatever way you want.
However, we care deeply about creating a cohesive, tight-knit culture that gets results. That’s why we offer our employees the following:
- A new office set up, including a new Macbook Pro, desk, second screen, ergonomic chair, and anything else you need to work at your best
- Health insurance for US-based employees (non-US employees receive a healthcare stipend)
- Flexible vacation time
- Stock options
- Company retreat for teammates to get to know one another in-person: our last retreat was in New Orleans!
Respondent is an equal opportunity employer
Respondent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.